Peer Career Advisor Trainee
Do you want to help your peers and enhance your professional skills? Looking to gain academic credits while boosting your resume? Apply now for Career and Professional Development’s Spring 2019 Peer Career Advisor training class.
Each semester, CPD recruits students with strong leadership abilities and a desire to help their peers in a meaningful way. During their training semester, Peer Career Advisor trainees will participate in a semester-long, three credit course where they will learn career development skills including writing and critiquing a resume and cover letter, job searching, interviewing, creating a LinkedIn profile, self-assessment, and applying to graduate school.
After successfully completing the training course, students will be fully prepared for their future role as a Peer Career Advisor. Trained Peer Career Advisors will provide career support to students through resume and cover letter critiques, providing outreach and career workshops on campus and answering job and internship search questions. Each semester, students serving as Peer Career Advisors earn three academic credits.
Our Peer Career Advisors are recognizable UAlbany leaders and role models with transferable skills valuable in all industries. They receive exciting internships, get accepted to graduate school (often with full-funding), and are prepared for fantastic jobs after graduation. Apply now to join the team!
• Available for class on Monday evenings at 4:15pm
• At least one semester as a UAlbany student
• Any majors welcome to apply (undeclared students are especially encouraged to apply)
• Plan to be a UAlbany (undergraduate) student for at least two more semesters
• Not currently on academic probation
This is not a paid position. Academic credit will be earned for each semester you participate, and credits can be applied to an Education minor or as general electives.
DEADLINE: Sunday, November 25, 2018 at 11:59pm
Please submit the following:
1) an up-to-date resume
2) *a separate document (PDF) that addresses the following four questions: Please see below
- How did you find out about Peer Career Advising?
- Why do you want to be a Peer Career Advisor in CPD?
- In two to three sentences please describe any involvement you have had during high school and/or college.
- What should we know about you before the interview?
*To submit the other document please follow these steps:
Choose other document in drop down menu. Click browse and select your other document with the three completed questions to upload.
**For any questions, please contact Sarah Offenbach at email@example.com.